Saturday, July 30, 2005

Salesman Called To Big Meeting In Sky

He had a take-charge attitude and aggressively sold radio advertising. He possessed competitive skills that seemed to have been honed in a media sales bootcamp.

Dan Clarkson lived in San Luis Obispo for most of his 66 years, where he also announced Cal Poly games play-by-play on KVEC, loved to joke and have a party.

Sometime Monday night or Tuesday morning Mr. Clarkson died of kidney failure in his home. This coming Monday, (8/1/05), there will be a funeral and graveside services for the man I once worked for and learned much from.

Dan taught me radio sales methods that always worked for him, and wouldn't you know? They worked for me too. He spent time with his children, his doggies and his classic cars.

He might have chuckled to know I think I resemble his '57 Chevy grille. I'm sad he's gone. Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg, get my name on here so I can tell my clients. I posted something this am (Wed).

Benica